maybe today.

Sunday, March 3, 2013


maybe someday you will stop worrying about having everything in focus and maybe someday you will stop slipping similes behind and between metaphors and maybe someday when someone asks what your favorite color is, you will tell them and know for certain. but that someday doesn't know that you like your coffee black or you sing along to music with no words or you dream of cities you've never been to yet claimed as your own. tell the somedays and maybes and might have beens about today and how the sky is white frost over blue silk. there is a world of snow and a city of people running around with flushed hearts and beating cheeks and there is a murmur under the earth that it's beginning to awake. learn to keep your feet on the ground and your eyes to the sky and remember to keep your eyes clear and your heart full.

today is calling.
let's go.

13 comments:

  1. how beautiful Hannah!!! I loved every word of this post!! Thanks for being an inspiration to me!:) I was wondering if i could do a short post about you on my blog? I am also doing it on other Photographers who have inspired me. If you want me to then just contact me at kcfilzen24@gmail.com
    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what I've been feeling put into words perfectly. Printing this off and hanging it on my wall. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so encouraging and beautiful, Hannah. ohsogood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beeeeautiful. I needed this missy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this. your words always, always make me feel warm inside. have i said that before?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I just love this. Like, I can't even express how much I do in words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm. these words sound like hot coffee steam filling up my lungs and invading my senses. can't get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh. oh. oh.

    my heart beats to this.

    love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just....gahhh.....amazing. love.

    ReplyDelete